Elly Lily: BLOGGERS EXPERIENCE WITH GROWTH

Wednesday, August 24

BLOGGERS EXPERIENCE WITH GROWTH



Hello Beautiful souls,

Welcome back to yet another Aspiring August post.
Where I post inspiring, juicy rich posts about self improvement and loving yourself
And you, use this information to grow your mind, improve yourself, and rule the world!

This weeks topic is growth.
growth and finding yourself is a big part of our lives, in fact it is what life is all about!
Talking to other people is such a must thing to do when you are going through something or experiencing a lot of change and growth.

So, I have contacted not one not two but 6 incredible bloggers who inspire the world through their amazing blogs,

I have asked each amazing blogger 5 questions on their experience / advice with growth.

meet the bloggers



                                                             



interviews



1. HOW HAVE YOU GROWN OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS?
I've grown so much by being made aware of the things going on in our world today. I can thank the internet for bringing so many unspoken societal issues into the spotlight.

2. HOW HAS SOCIAL MEDIA SHAPED YOU INTO WHO YOU ARE TODAY?
Social media has been a huge part of my life, as it is with many people nowadays. I love the culture surrounding memes and vines. My humor has definitely been shaped by it (ha!). But really, social media has had large negative and positive impacts on my life. Once I began going to school junior year, I became much more self-conscious of myself, my personality, and my appearance. I believe that social media contributes to this, especially with women, as we are constantly comparing ourselves to other people's highlight reels. I know, I know, this saying gets thrown around a lot, but it is so true. I respect and appreciate the big names on social media who are advocates for being real and loving yourself for the way you are. I hope to one day be that type of influencer on social media.

3.WHERE WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE IN THE JOURNEY OF FINDING YOURSELF?
Wow, I am just at the beginning. I love discovering more about myself and throwing myself into new experiences, good and bad, to learn more about me. I am constantly learning new things. I think it's so important to get to know yourself, especially as you get older and begin developing deeper relationships.

4. WHO IS YOUR BIGGEST INSPIRATION?
This is so tough, and I honestly don't know. I am inspired most by people who present new ideas into the world and who are true to themselves.

5. WHAT DO YOU EXPRESS YOURSELF IN?
I express myself through words, music, and art (also sometimes through sarcastic jokes).

CHECK OUT CLOVER KATE HERE!



1. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF TWO YEARS AGO? HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF NOW?
Two years ago, I was public schooled. I was really shy and kind of depressed most of the time. I was always nice to my "friends," but they were never nice to be back.
Now that I am homeschooled today, I have changed in some of the best ways possible. I have opened up to people and I haven't been so shy. I have met some of the coolest people and it turns out that I talk to them a lot. I really love how I have changed to be a wonderful young lady.

2. WHERE/WHO DO YOU FIND INSPIRATION FROM?
I find inspiration in a lot of places like art, music, my writing, or just about anywhere. I love browsing Pinterest for inspiration and I love listening to inspiring artists like One Direction, Forever in Your Mind, Taylor Swift, and so much more. Trust me, the list could go on forever!

3. WHAT IS EXPRESSION?
Expression to me is showing how you feel to the world in the best way possible. Whether you are making a stunning art project for school or dancing like nobody is watching to your favorite song, you are expressing yourself in a way that you can't even explain.
Also, if you look up the definition to expression, it says, "the process of making known one's thoughts or feelings." Always keep the definition in mind.

4.WHERE ARE YOU IN THE JOURNEY OF FINDING YOURSELF?
Honestly, I still think that the journey of finding myself still has a long way to go and I think that is okay. I would really like a long adventure rather than a short car ride.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I think my kindness and me being quirky. I think that everybody is unique and they should love something, and everything, about them. I love how kind and considerate I am to everybody and I love how I am quirky. Sometimes, me being quirky makes me laugh!

CHECK OUT POLAROID BOOKS HERE!


1.LOOKING BACK TWO YEARS AGO, HOW HAVE YOU GROWN?
Two years ago I was 15 years old, a bit awkward, a bit edgy and I had just started using Instagram and blogging. Flash forward to present me: I'm 17 years old, still awkward, less edgy and still using Instagram and blogging. I reached my first thousand followers that year and really started getting into fashion and photography. Since then, I have definitely developed more of my style, become more confident in myself and care less of what others think of me.

2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE?
WOULD YOU DESCRIBE IT?
A bit in the middle, really! My style consists of what makes me feel comfortable with my personality thrown in. Sometimes it's a bit casual and simple, other times a bit more crazy. But cool socks are always a must.

3. WHERE DO YOU FIND INSPIRATION?
Inspiration is honestly all around us! From books we read, movies we see, people we see on the streets, photos we consume via the internet... I find that it's hard to be inspired.

4. WHAT HAVE YOU DISCOVERED THROUGH BLOGGING?
A lot more about myself. I've learnt more about giving less of a crap what others think of me, that pursuing your hobbies take a lot of time and energy, that this is what I really, really like doing. It's really shown that I need a creative outlet in life (especially with school) and that photography/fashion/writing/editing/whatever is pretty darn fun.

5. WHERE WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE IN THE JOURNEY OF FINDING YOURSELF?
The teenage years seem like a crazy roller coaster and I feel like I'm constantly finding more and more about myself. But I can't be naive and say that, today, I am the person I will be for the rest of my life. Because wouldn't that be boring? I hope when I'm seventy I'll still be discovering new quirks and hobbies.

CHECK OUT THE MISFITTED HERE!


1. WHERE WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE IN THE JOURNEY OF FINDING YOURSELF?
Truly I'm not sure. I am still a kid and I don't know what I want to do with my life (one of my pet peeves is when people ask me what I want to be when I grow up because I have no idea). But I am not at the beginning of my journey either. I do have passions. I love blogging and a lot of other stuff. I know that I like that so I have found myself in that department. I'm not sure where I am exactly but I am taking some big steps.

2. HOW HAS BLOGGING HELPED YOU GROW, AND HAS IT?
Blogging has helped me grow in so many ways. I have learned more about blogging then I have learned about any subject (that I actually wanted to learn about). It is truly one of my passions. I learned how to put my thoughts into words. I have also learned to be less shy and to say what I am thinking. It has definitely helped me grow as an individual. I have learned how to make friends and how to talk to people online. I have grown and I would say I grew in a good way.

3. WHERE ARE YOU MOST HAPPY?
Where am I most happy. Wow. This is a kind of hard but interesting question. I am happy in many places and situations. I am happy when I am typing away on my computer. I am happy when I am singing into a microphone. I am happy when I am acting on stage. I am happy when I am talking to my friends. I am happy in many many places. I can't choose just one.

4. HOW HAVE YOU GROWN OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS?
Well I have grown physically. Haha. And yes I have also grown emotionally. I have become more fit with myself and my ability's. I found stuff I truly like and people I adore. I would say I have grown quite a bit. Also just 2 years ago I was pretty much internet dead. That has definitely changed.

5. WHAT DO YOU FIND INSPIRATION IN?
Like for life or blogging? I find inspiration all around me. In my life, on the web, on the sidewalk. A lot of times I find inspiration from awesome bloggers (like you miss Elly). An also from what I am just doing that day.

CHECK OUT HOT TOWN COOL GIRL HERE!


1. HOW HAVE YOU GROWN THROUGH BLOGGING? 
Back in my preteen years, my second oldest sister loved to write, and I loved and looked up to her a lot, so I thought I was a writer. I wrote stories and I loved them, until I realized that when people told me they were hilarious, they meant it in a way that I eventually received as hilariously awful. After this realization, I wrote off writing as something I just couldn't do.
Fast forward a few years and I am going through some very difficult situations, I don't know how to handle them or if I even want to. As a last ditch effort, I started writing again. Not stories, more like small poems, not really poems, just pieces, I guess. This was such a huge way for me to cope, and eventually I started sharing some of that writing on my blog (and eventually Instagram).
What I realized was that I was not alone, my writing was relatable, and blogging was a way for me to share that. So I would say that blogging, in a way, gave me an invaluable gift; a way to cope with the hard parts of the journey I am on, and a way to share it with others, to let them know that they are not alone, to validate what they are feeling, and not to write it off. To let them know that they are precious and loved and valuable, even when they feel like trash. I have been there, you will get through.

2. WHO WOULD YOU SAY YOU WERE TWO YEARS AGO?
Two years ago I was confused, afraid, alone, depressed, frustrated, angry, tired of pretended. I was at the point where I would start wearing a mask every day so that people would stop asking if I was okay. I was headed quickly to the days where I would sit still for hours wondering why I was living this life, wondering how I could not live it anymore, and wondering how heavy the consequences would be. I was ready to be done, before I had even really started.

WHO WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE NOW?
To say that I have it figured out would be a lie; you will never have anything figured out. Anything can happen, anything can change. Anything will happen, anything will change. You can't count on anything of this world, it will not satisfy.
Despite that, I am in a good place. I have reconnected to my Lord and Saviour, and that has been the best decision I have ever made. This year has probably been the hardest, even with my past, but this time, I know that the Lord of Lords loves me and is on my side, helping me. I have come a long way with my depression and anxiety, and though I have not completely got a handle on it, I do know better how to deal with it.
I'm learning so much about trust, something I have always struggled with, and how to love myself; something I have never really truly done.

3. DISCOVERY THAT HAS CHANGED YOU THE MOST?
God. Hands down. He has changed my life. Without Him, I am absolutely nothing. There is nothing in this world that can compare to even the slightest bit of Who He is.

4. WHERE WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE IN THE JOURNEY OF CREATING YOURSELF?
I will never find myself fully, I have contented myself with that, but I would say that I have come a long way. I am happy with who I am, for once in my life, and for where I am. I have been through hell, but I got through, knowing that it can happen again, and ready for that because I know Who I belong to. I am excited for the future, while aware of my past, but doing my best to live fully in my present.

5. HOW DO YOU PERCIEVE GROWTH?
Growth is struggle. They absolutely go hand in hand. You will not grow if you don't put yourself out there. You will not grow if you do not have a chance of losing something. You will not grow if you have an easy time of it. Growth happens through change, through perseverance, through struggles, through pain, through being raw and real. Growth will happen, but you have to be willing to do whatever it takes

CHECK OUT SILENT SHADOWS HERE!


1. LOOKING BACK TWO YEARS, HOW HAVE YOU CHANGED?
To look back two years and then compare that time to today, I become humbled. I used to be a shy, timid thing, vastly afraid of the world and the people in it. Several people in my life had abandoned or hurt me, and I felt like I was paralyzed in a whirlwind of anxiety and fear.
Now I am a new person, much more myself. I work through the scary things, occasionally make dinner, and even drive on the highway by myself. My hair is shorter.
I've changed a lot - both in who I am, how I see things, and where I'm going.

3. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST STRUGGLE THAT YOU HAVE FACEDS, SO FAR?
I've faced a lot of hurdles, but the biggest one that's looking me in the face right now is college. I've been homeschooled my whole life, so transitioning to something outside my comfort zone (read: house) sounds a little bit... intimidating. This is the next step to standing on my feet, #adulting and becoming my own person. For some reason, this scares me.
I've been assured that it's okay to take it one step at a time, but it seems like all my friends have their lives together. They're moving out, starting classes full-time or even balancing a job with everything else. I feel like I should push myself. To do as they do and plunge in. But I've always been true to myself. Only moving with the current of change when I'm ready.
I will say that college looks better with each passing day. I found a major I'm excited for. I have a few friends going to the same college I am, so I'll have some ties to keep me down to earth. And I have my family to keep me sane and accountable. ;)

3. HOW DO YOU LOOK AT GROWTH?
In myself, I look at it from ahead. I'm too close to my own journey to see my progress, so my brain can only understand that there's been growth when I can see that it's already been established.
In others, I see it in random moments. Little boys holding the door open, people you pass by every Sunday randomly opening up to say "Good morning," the development of graffiti downtown.
In perspective, I see growth as a painful necessity. We would be stagnant pebbles on the beach if we did not have waves of change. And though it sometimes feels like we're drowning, there's always time between the receding wave and the approaching to catch your breath.

4. WHAT/WHO HAS HELPED YOU GROW?
My family has definitely helped me grow, especially my mom. She has been holding my hand and letting me cry on her for all the years of my life. My youth group has pushed me out of my comfort zone - in a good way. Blogging and writing are outlets for all my tangled emotions. My Lord Jesus is the only reason I even get through my days.
(Special shout out to Nutella - for not minding that I so often stab you with a spoon.)

5. WHERE WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE IN THE JOURNEY OF CREATING YOURSELF?
I'll be honest. My initial response to this question was:
Nowhere. But that's only what it feels like on occasion.
I struggle to answer this because I want to put a numerical value on myself and say something like I'm 63% there. But there is no number to signify where I am. There only is. So I'm going to take this long winded reply to say I am still on the journey and I am getting closer to who I am each day.

CHECK OUT SELF KNOWN HERE!

Thank you so much to all of the truly amazing bloggers!
You all have fantastic blogs and are changing, improving, and inspiring the world through you beyond creativity and love!
Keep up the breathtaking work!

I had such a wonderful time interviewing everyone!
This beautiful blogging community is such a wonderful thing!


challenge of the week

Answer these five questions concerning growth:

1. How have you grown over the past two years?
2. Where do you find inspiration?
3. Where are you in your "finding yourself" journey?
4. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
5. How do you look at growth?

                                                                                                                   

9 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you for including me in this. It was such an honor to participate. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Rose! Thank you so much for partaking!!

      Delete
  2. This is so great, Elly! :)

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Ellyfor letting me participate in Aspiring August along with other amazing bloggers! I had so much fun. :) <3

    Maddie
    polaroidbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Maddie! Thank you so much for participating!
      I had such fun working with you!

      Delete
  4. Hi Elly! I am so so happy that I could do this. I had such a nice time working with you and I am so honored that I was including. My face in a triangle made me extremely happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nabila,
      Thank you so much for working with me! It was so much fun!
      And I am so glad that the triangle graphic made you happy!!

      Delete
  5. Hermes Handbags package can be seen from the shape can be installed very, plenty of room, coat, cosmetics, nursing pillow with a flight, carry things can be loaded into, very convenient and practical.Louis Vuitton handbags with great boldness of vision of the changing aesthetics and eclectic fashion show famous.Things could be worse: a sunny summer day, a speedy convertible and a cool IWC Replica. The watch is also an AMG, of sorts: the Ingenieur Automatic AMG Black Series Ceramic, introduced in 2013 in honor of Rolex watches Replica’s sponsorship of the Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula 1 team.We spend the morning shooting photos of the Breitling Watches Replica?in and around the parked roadster, so we have time to scrutinize all the Omega Watches Replica ’s details.

    Hermes Handbags

    Rolex watches Replica

    Omega Watches Replica

    Louis Vuitton handbags

    IWC Replica

    Breitling Watches Replica

    ReplyDelete