Elly Lily: remember

Wednesday, October 12

remember



As I sit here typing.
in the sweater I once wore taking photos with you
In the room I once laughed and talked in with you
As I feel the breeze, the same one I once felt with you
As I look at these old photos of me and you
I remember you.

remember.
a word that means once here, now gone
remember
looking back to real times
remember
now memories untouchable

I never thought I would say " I remember you"



Everywhere I go I am watching a movie
replaying over and over again the things we had once done

We go back to memories to find happiness
Every moment reminds us of the one before
But when memories have stopped and the story is paused
we are found lost, confused,
and not sure of where we belong


The memories of you are a blurry polaroid picture
the kind that got shaken or
didn't have time to fully appear

The past is bitter sweet
I smile looking back to the times we had laughed
I laugh looking back at us dancing around
I cry looking back at the happiness I felt



The lives that we've lived before make us stronger and ready for a new one
The pain creates maturity and changes us

I look back remembering who I was
The little girl running with her friends
The little girl not a care in the world
The little girl so trusting of the present

Now here I am.
So different you would call me a stranger
So changed you would re introduce your self thinking I was new

I am still the little girl, carefree and light
But I have grown

I was a seed, childish and young
now I am a flower,
focused on blooming and not noticing who is sitting next to me


Dear old friend
but not just a friend, a best friends

How are you? and who are you?
Are you still having the conversations that escaped our mouths?
Are you still playing the games that our hands picked up?
Are you still thinking those thoughts that crept into our heads?
Our you still you?




Dear old friend
But not just a friend, a best friend

I hope you are happy, and content and safe.
I hope you are doing the things you dreamed
I hope you have grown into a beautiful flower
And I hope you
remember
me.

10 comments:

  1. I love this so much Elly! It was so beautiful! You should do more of these. c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maddie! Glad you liked it! <3

      Delete
  2. Ok this pretty much just absolutelly blew my mind. This so so beautiful! You are a really talented writer (or person that puts words with pictures I have no idea I am thinking you or someone else wrote this so blahh I have no idea). Those pictures are seriously goals. Your top is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nabila! I actually did write it, Glad you liked it! <3

      Delete
  3. This is amazing Elly! I love poetry!

    Do you like writing? I actually have a writing contest going on here: http://spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com/2016/10/mind-musings-writing-contest.html if you'd be interested.

    I love these thoughts! :)

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Allie! Your writing contests sounds awesome, I will have to check it out!

      Delete
  4. GAHHH Elly, I'm speechless. This is such an incredibly written and beautiful poem. "The memories of you are a blurry polaroid picture
    the kind that got shaken or didn't have time to fully appear" LIKE. THAT IS JUST. BEAUTIFUL. NOSTALGIC. LOVELY. HEARTBREAKING. INCREDIBLE. ALL THE FEELS.

    Losing a best friend is really really hard. I was thinking about this on the drive to work actually, because when I was your age I had two best friends. It was always the three of us. You wouldn't say my name without theirs in practically the same mouthful. We were a trio. Then as it often does, life happened and high school happened, and although I'm still on good terms with those girls, our relationship is completely different now. So often we don't see our relationships changing until it has already, then it's almost too late. But I'm glad you wish well for those girls. Drifting apart is natural, and a much kinder way of losing a friend than say a fall out, even though it hurts just now. Who knows, maybe in a few years you will find each other again, even if your relationship was never what it was before.

    This was beautiful Elly, I absolutely loved it! Keep writing! xx

    Love,

    Anne x // www.aportraitofyouth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne!!! This comment made my day! Glad you liked the writing! <3

      Delete