Iridescent Auras: Met Gala 2017 | My Top Ten review

Tuesday, May 2

Met Gala 2017 | My Top Ten review


Last night in New York City was the Met Gala and I don't know about you but pretty much all I have been doing since yesterday evening is awing at the artistic looks that guests showed up wearing.
So in the spirit of the Gala I picked out my top ten favorite looks and I will be reviewing them today!

More on the Met Gala

The Met Gala is an annual event fundraising for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute.
Each year there is a chosen theme for the exhibition.
This years theme was Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons: Art of the In-Between
And there were so many beautiful looks walking the runaway.
Here are my top ten favorites and my review of each:
pictures via vogue.com
(in no order)


Anna Wintour in Chanel

Anna Wintour came wearing a beautiful Chanel dress, I love the soft, angel like feeling of this dress it is so elegant while staying different.


Hailey Baldwin in Carolina Herrera

This Cinderella / ballerina look is high up on the favorites list for me. I love the light colors and textures that have been played with.


Alexa Chung in Erdem Moralioglu

 I love Alexa Chung and I also love this look. The polka dot pattern gives it a starry look and the shape of the gown looks so pretty with her long bob.



Zendaya in Dolce & Gabbana

This is one of those looks that is a show stopper. Zendaya showed up to the event wearing a dramatic, colorful gown. I love the overall feel of the dress along with her curls it has a playful yet beautiful aesthetic.



Elle Fanning in Miu Miu

If I could wear this dress right now that would be great because this look is so gorgeous. I am obsessed with this icy blue color and the texture of this fabric is flowy, fluid and gives off a princess like aura.


Brie Larson in Chanel and Christian Louboutin shoes

This dress is a beautiful classic Channel look and I am loving the intricate textures.
The pairing of this gown with her wavy hair is done wonderfully and gives off an elegant feature.


Lily Collins in Giambattista Valli

This look was so unexpected in the best way! I love the drastic hair along with the shape of this dress.
The colors are simple yet hard to do right and I absolutely love how they came together here!


Selena Gomez in Coach

This look is simple when you first look at it but when you take a closer look you see the beauty of it. I am in love with these delicate colors and the accessories only elevate the look.


Miranda Kerr in Oscar de la Renta

This gown is so beautiful. The color, the shapes, the layering are all perfect and done artfully.
I love the romantic draping of the skirt.


Rihanna in Comme des Garcons

And last but not least Rihanna stepped onto the carpet in this over the top avant garde number.
This look was one that went with the theme the most.
The colors, patterns and abstract art of this dress make it what it is and I cant get enough!

________________________________________

And that concludes my top ten review of the 2017 Met Gala!
Have a wonderful day!
-Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment